EQUITY DENTALCARE AND VISIONCARE DISCOUNT PROGRAMS TO BE CANCELLED
Canadian Actors’ Equity Association has recently completed an extensive review of the Association’s member benefit programs.
After nationwide member consultation, and due to the participation rates that were well below expectations, the DentalCare and VisionCare discount programs will be cancelled as of January 1, 2017. Equity members in good standing may continue to use the DentalCare and VisionCare Network, including signing up for first time benefits, until December 31, 2016.
If you wish to maintain your coverage in the Network and take advantage of dental, optical and other new service discounts, you will be able to purchase the coverage directly from Spencer Health. The cost will be $20 per year for individual or family coverage. The following process has been developed for Equity members wishing to sign up for continued DentalCare and VisionCare access beyond January 1, 2017:
- To review the details of the program, visit: www.spencerhealth.com.
- Click “I need a plan – Individual & Family Plans.”
- Enrol (including dependents if applicable) and provide the necessary information, including email address and credit card.
- Enter the promo code “equity” that will reduce your cost to $20 + HST for the year.
- You will receive a two-page confirmation email from Spencer Health Network that welcomes you on the first page and provides your Spencer membership card on the second page.
- You may retain the card on your phone to present at time of service to any network provider, or print a hard copy.
Equity’s MAP (Members’ Advantage Program) discounts are unaffected by this change.
Questions or enquiries about the DentalCare and VisionCare discount program cancellations may be directed to Equity’s Controller Doug Irons at [email protected].