Accepting Submissions for Gwen Pharis Ringwood Award for Drama
The Writers’ Guild of Alberta (WGA) is preparing to celebrate another successful year with the 2017 Alberta Literary Awards. Writers from across Alberta and their publishers are invited to check out and submit to this year’s award categories.
Submissions are evaluated on originality, creativity, and quality of writing, as well as appropriate fit within a category. The winners will be announced at the 2017 Alberta Literary Awards Gala in Edmonton in June. The Awards Presentation will take place in conjunction with the 2017 Writers’ Guild of Alberta Conference.
Prizes of $1500 will be awarded to published entries in the following categories:
- R. Ross Annett Award for Children’s Literature (picture books)
- Georges Bugnet Award for Fiction
- Wilfrid Eggleston Award for Nonfiction
- Stephan G. Stephansson Award for Poetry
- Gwen Pharis Ringwood Award for Drama (published or produced)
Prizes of $700 will be awarded to unpublished and published entries in the following categories:
- James H. Gray Award for Short Nonfiction (published)
- Howard O’Hagan Award for Short Story (published)
- Jon Whyte Memorial Essay Award (unpublished)
A prize of $500 will be awarded to unpublished poetry, fiction or nonfiction in the following category:
- Writers’ Guild of Alberta 2017 Youth/Emerging Writing Contest
Award submissions can also be entered to qualify for the following city book prize:
- The Robert Kroetsch City of Edmonton Book Prize ($10,000 prize)
At the same time, the WGA will also be accepting nominations for the Golden Pen Award.
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2016.
For complete details, please click here.