Shakespeare Sunday returns with “Pericles, Prince of Tyre”
Join us October 30th as Shakespeare Sunday returns to The Citadel Theatre! We’re thrilled to get this event back up and running after our summer tours and we’d love to see you there as we read Pericles, Prince of Tyre.
Later in his career, Shakespeare knew a thing or two about playwriting and began mentoring such rising stars as Thomas Middleton and John Fletcher. It is still debated whether Shakespeare collaborated with another writer on Pericles. If he did, it was almost certainly with a man called George Wilkins- aspiring writer, pub landlord, pimp and known criminal.
WHERE: The Citadel Theatre
WHEN: October 30th, 1-5pm
ADMISSION: $5 per person
RSVP: [email protected]
Shakespeare Sunday is a monthly series of play-readings dedicated to exploring some of the bard’s less familiar work in a collaborative, fun and enlightening environment.
SHAKESPEARE SUNDAY GIVES YOU THE CHANCE TO:
- Meet new friends & connect with your local theatre community,
- Explore some of Shakespeare’s less familiar works as you read through a new play each month,
- Step into your dream roles & uncover new ones,
- Discover new speeches, scenes & situations useful for audition & rehearsal,
- Improve your natural verse speaking and confidence with the help of seasoned Shakespeareans in a casual atmosphere,
- Share insight & research surrounding the text to deepen our understanding of the play. From critical research to historical context to groundbreaking popular stage productions, our in-depth mini lecture builds a strong foundation of insight to guide you through the play, deepen your understanding & inspire further learning outside the room.
This event is open to everyone regardless of experience.
Attendance is only $5 per person and we ask that all participants bring a snack to share with the group. Please register your attendance in advance via email at [email protected].
For more information on this and other events, check out www.themalachites.co.uk.
Photo: Shakespeare Sundays at The Citadel