RDC seeks Head of Lighting for Arts Facilities; start date October 31
The Head of Lighting is responsible for all lighting requirements in the Arts Facilities for internal and external events. This position is responsible providing information and expertise to internal and external clients; this may include consultation with faculty on School of Creative Arts productions. This person will act as a lead for the department providing day-to-day guidance to the Lighting Technician and Practicum Students working in this area.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides excellent customer service and support in the consultation with client groups to determine lighting requirements for event.
- Responsible for selecting which instruments will be used, what colour, focus etc.
- Responsible for liaising with the Technical Director, Arts Facilities Manager and Faculty about issues regarding the technical aspects and requirements of the show and venues.
- Provide appropriate technical support during the rehearsal of projects.
- Setup, run and strike events.
- Attendance, as required, at client group planning meetings (internal and external) to provide expertise and input with respect to lighting for events.
- Provides input to the Arts Facilities Manager for annual Capital requests for the Lighting Department
- Plans and implements weekly, semi-annual and annual maintenance program for all lighting equipment.
- Keep up to date with the latest health and safety requirements as it relates to the theatre industry and ensure necessary implementation.
- Two (2) years of post-secondary training in technical production or live event production.
- Certificate required: Fall arrest, aerial lift operation, aerial lift certifier.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years working as an operational supervisor.
- Knowledge of multiple theatre disciplines.
- Electrical safety.
- Proficient experience and knowledge of Light board programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to represent Red Deer College professionally, competently and to a consistent standard.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively, independently and problem solve.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
Closing Date: October 19, 2016.
Position Start Date: October 31, 2016.