MZD celebrates dance & movement as part of Alberta Culture Days
October 1: Free Performances from 5-9pm with Dance Party to follow from 9pm-midnight.
Performers in the following order (not simultaneous):
- 5pm – 9pm: Simon Gorsak as MC.
- 5pm: Adrian Lachance (10-15 min), Stan Lee and Croomb “Spyglass” (10-15 min), Sonja Myllymaki (20 min), Kasie Campbell (visual artist) presenting a sculptural installation in the storefront gallery space (20 min).
- 6pm: Lin Snelling (10-15 min), Shrina Patel (10-15 min), Jeannie Vandekerkhove (10 min), Richard Lee “something, something embodiment” (10 min), RV There Yet? with Amber Borotsik out front (15 min).
- 7pm: Rebecca Sadowski “Tom Waits/Upside Down”, Tianna the Traveller (5 min), Ayla Modeste (approx. 7 min), Julie Ferguson & Stu Hoye in “The Milk Bar” (7-10 min), RV There Yet? with Amber Borotsik out front (15 min).
- 8pm: MAN UP! (10 min), Send in the Girls Burlesque (20-25 min), MAN UP! (10 min).
- 9pm to midnight: DJ Spacey & dance party!
October 2: Free Classes from noon – 6pm. Everyone welcome!
All activities are free and held at 10816-95 Street. All classes 50 minutes long.
- 12pm: Beginner Ballet with Richelle Thoreson
- 1pm: Kids Dance! with Bill Yong
- 2pm: Contemporary with Jodie Vandekerkhove
- 3pm: Powwow with Adrian Lachance
- 4pm: House
- 5pm: Cuban Salsa Wheel (Rueda de Casino) with Fiesta Cubana. Everyone welcome! All ages and skill levels!
- Kasie Campbell: Integrated sculpture and Saturday performance in our storefront gallery space (5pm).
- Custom mural painted on the back wall of our performance space (Borys Tarasenko).