Auditioning for “SCROOGE” with a Twist on Sept 24!
Torchlight Theatre has been given an amazing opportunity to do things a little different this Christmas Season!
We are holding a second round of auditions for our December 1st -3rd production of Warren Graves’ SCROOGE, but with a TWIST!
Everyone knows Ebenezer Scrooge, but what about Eliza Scrooge? We are searching for the right lady to take on the miserly character of SCROOGE for our upcoming production. We are excited to put a fresh take on this classic story!
But wait! There’s more, we are still in search of a few good gentlemen to round out the cast. See below!
A mean-spirited, miserly old maid named Eliza Scrooge sits tightly locked in her old home, saying “Bah Humbug” to Christmas. Can the visit from the most unexpected guest thaw her frozen heart? Or will a most unfortunate future still befall her?”
This classic tale of second chances, with a twist, is sure to warm your heart this Christmas Season.
- Eliza Scrooge – A wealthy but miserly old Humbug of a woman, greed and ambition is all she cares about, even during the holiday season.
- Marley – Eliza Scrooge’s former business partner, since passed away, who comes back to warn Eliza of what her future holds if she doesn’t change her penny pinching ways!
- Belinda Cratchet/Young Eliza Scrooge – Sister to Tim/Eliza Scrooge before her heart was hardened.
- Bob Cratchet/Dick Wilkins – Scrooge’s employee / Former friend and co-worker of Eliza Scrooge.
- Henery Monty/Mr. Fezziwig – A wealthy parishioner of St. Swithins / Scrooge’s former employer, a jolly man who is the pinnacle of generosity!
- Elizabeth Monty/Mrs. Fezziwig – A wealthy lady of means in search of aid for the orphans and widows/ The fun loving and jovial wife of Mr. Fezziwig.
- Bernard Eliza’s love interest from long ago.
- Tim – (10-16) a young boy with a head for business.
Director: Lizzy Evashkevich – Lizzy is a freelance Director and Stage Manager working in Calgary for the last five years. She has her BFA in Drama with Honors from the University of Calgary, as well as being a past graduate from Playhouse North. In the last few years she has had the opportunity to work with various companies around Calgary such as Theatre Junction, FireExit Theatre, Landon Theatre Association, CYT, Soulocentric Festival, and Corps Bara Dance Company. Selected past directing credits include Somebody (First Look Theatre), Sexxy (University of Calgary), The Real Inspector Hound (University of Calgary), Anne of Green Gables (CYT), and Critter Award Nominee Concord Floral (Theatre Junction – Artistic Associate).
Audition Dates: Saturday, September 24 from 1pm to 4pm
Please follow the link to sign up for your audition: www.torchlighttheatre.ca/tlt-auditions.
Rehearsals Begin: Wednesday, September 27 @ 7pm.
Please review rehearsal schedule and commitment before registering for your audition. While a conflict may be accommodated during rehearsals, YOU MUST BE AT TECH WEEK AND ALL PERFORMANCES.
Contact Name: Chelsea Restall at firstname.lastname@example.org.