“Zastrozzi: Master of Discipline,” a sweeping epic by George F. Walker
- Monday, October 17, 2016 from 7:00-10:00pm.
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016 from 7:00-10:00pm.
Invited Call backs: Sunday, October 23, 2016 from 1:00-5:00 pm.
First Read-Through: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 7:00-10:00pm.
- Monday & Wednesday evenings from 7:00-10:00pm, and Saturday afternoons from 1:00-5:00pm
- October 26, 2016 to February 4, 2017.
- There will be a holiday break from December 18, 2016 to January 3, 2017.
Production Run: Friday, February 10, 2017 to Saturday, February 18, 2017. All cast members are required during “Tech Week”, February 5-9, 2017.
Email applications to email@example.com.
Contact: Daisy Pond via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403-615-5016.
Scorpio Theatre is an Equal opportunity employer. Artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, orientation, or personal beliefs are encouraged to apply.
Casting people in attendance: Director: Keith Kollee; Artistic Director: Aaron Conrad; Artistic Associate: Matt Pickering; Stage Manager: Daisy Pond.
Synopsis: Zastrozzi is a man at the height of his power. Physically, spiritually, intellectually, he is the master criminal of all Europe and he stands poised to bring society to its knees before him. Yet rumours circulate that Zastrozzi has been neutralized, that the world is safe from Zastrozzi because he has become consumed by a singular, more personal ambition: Revenge. How far will one man go and how much carnage will he rain upon his own works to finally achieve his revenge? George F. Walker’s sweeping epic brings us to a time and a place unlike any you’ll see on stage this year.
- BERNARDO, A brutish man and Zastrozzi’s disciple. He is accustomed to taking what he wants, and foolishly believes he will eventually be Zastrozzi’s equal.
- VEREZZI, an Italian, an artist, a dreamer. A tragic incident in his past has left him bereft of his senses.
- VICTOR, his tutor. A wise man that attempts to keep Verezzi one step ahead of Zastrozzi.
- MATILDA, a gypsy, a raven-haired beauty. A sultry woman that excels in seduction, bu is just as quick with a dagger. She aspires to be Zastrozzi’s equal and lover.
- JULIA, an aristocrat, a fair-haired beauty. She is an innocent, trapped in a situation she has no control over.
Please prepare one dark comedic monologue of no more than five (5) minutes in length.Those actors seen at call backs will be provided sides for cold reading.
Send resume and headshot to email@example.com with the subject line “ZASTROZZI AUDITIONS”, and indicate in the body of the email which character you want to audition for and your preference for a time.