Seeking Cast Members & Crew for new Edmonton Web Series
The show is called Killing the Frog and is about a stand-up comedian teaching at a community college.
PRIMARY & SECONDARY CAST:
- Phil Dawson: Male, mid 40s-mid 50s. A failed middle-aged stand up comedian who teaches at a community college to make ends meet. Phil is bitter and angry about the state of his career and that his years of hard work have tapered off.
- Josh Reid: Male, early-mid 20s. A young college student without an interest in comedy who accidentally enrolls in Phil’s class. He’s meek and mild and easily pushed around, he struggles between his own wants and other people’s needs.
- Alex Fawcett: Female, early-mid 20s. A waitress at a local pub who signed up for Phil’s comedy class because she wants to be a comedian. She has a lot of inner anger about her job and wants to do something notable with her life.
- Megan Boucher: Female, mid 40s-mid 50s. A contemporary and friend of Phil who gave up her own career to work as a booking agent for a local club.
- Jessica Holt: Female, mid-late 20s. Phil’s adult daughter, she was raised by her mother and offered to rent Phil a room out of pity and a desire to get to know him. It only succeeded in giving her a front row seat to Phil’s downward spiral and she hates every moment of it.
- Ben Robinson: Male, mid-late 30s. The dean of the Community Education department of the school. He is focused on maximizing revenue and keeping his department profitable; he doesn’t care about education and understands that their courses are cheap disposable garbage.
This is a color blind audition and all performers will be considered for additional secondary roles. All cast members will be paid at non-union rates.
Deadline to submit: September 23, 2016.
CALL FOR CREW:
- Boom Operator/Sound Designer: We are hoping for someone that can handle recording on-set and potentially help with the sound edit in post. Preferably with their own equipment, although equipment can be provided. The role is paid, non-union.
- Makeup Artist: We are seeking a makeup artist, the role will be minimal, focused on personal makeup without special blood/gore effects. Preferably with their own supplies. The role is paid, non-union.
- We are also seeking volunteer production assistants. These are unpaid roles, but will give the staff members valuable experience in a variety of on-set functions, including: slate, lighting, assisting with camera work, and craft services. Meals will be provided.
Auditions will be held on September 18, 24, and 25 between 10 am and 4 pm. An additional day may be added should demand dictate.
Performers should come prepared with a short monologue and sides to be read during the audition will be emailed prior to the audition. Interested parties should email [email protected] with their preferred audition date, time, resume, and headshots.
Crew should submit a resume/demo reel to [email protected] with their preferred interview date/time.