Cast of Halloween Characters needed for Ghouls’ Night Out!
The Heritage Park Players will be presenting various interactions outside on the streets of Heritage Park for its Ghouls’ Night Out Event running October 27th, 28th, 29th from 6pm to 9:00pm and October 30th from 4pm to 7pm. For each character there will be a few rehearsals set at the actor(s) convenience. This is a non paying gig and is a volunteer commitment. Artists must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Big Bad Wolf, Little Red Riding Hood & Pirate Sword Fight (Outside the Synagogue): A geriatric pirate awakens after a night of plundering only to find a Big Bad Wolf stalking him. The pirate must fight off the wolf with the help of Little Red Riding Hood. There is an epic sword fight amongst the gathered booty choreographed to Pirates of the Caribbean style music.
- Little Red Riding Hood, and
- The Big Bad Wolf.
Audrey 3 and Seymour Scene: Audrey 3, a new breed of plant life unknown to this planet, attempts to convince Seymour to feed him with Zombie body parts. They sing a parody of song bits from Little Shop of Horrors.
- Audrey ~ The actor will operate the physical plant puppet and voice the character. (Singing is an asset),
- Seymour ~ The keeper of Audrey. (Singing is an asset)
The Phantom of the Midway and his/her Haunted Midway Characters: The Games area of the Midway is brought to life with three different booths of horrors.
- The Phantom of the Midway ~ The announcer of the booth of horrors (may be male or female),
- The Bearded Lady (Singing is an asset),
- Serpentina the Snake Woman/Zoltar the Fortune Teller.
Draculena Monologue (Wing Chong Laundry): A girl/lady escapes from a coffin only to discover the wonders of becoming a new Vampire. She sets on a course of making her first kill, her beloved cat Charles.
Ghost Train Characters:
- Bride Groom: Will alternate between sitting as a mannequin in train, looking and calling to his Black Widow. Also he will de-boarding the train interacting with crowd and train conductor on platform continuing his quest to be reunited with his bride.
- Porter: Helps actors to board train, and being especially attentive to the “Black Widow” and her pile of coffins containing her dead husbands.
- Vampire: Actor will interact with crowd offering to drink them dry so that they can ride the ghost train.
- Ticket Seller: Informs guests that only those carrying their death certificate can buy a ticket for the Ghost Train.
- Sunday, Sept 25, 2016 @ 6pm-10pm
- Monday, Sept 26, 2016 @ 4pm-10pm
- Please clearly indicate with your submission your availability for the audition dates.
- Auditions will be held at Heritage Park.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Saturday, Sept 24, 2016 @ 5pm.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Interested actors, please send the following via e-mail to Trevor Matheson at [email protected]:
- Character in which you’re interested,
- Any availability conflicts with performance dates, and
- Subject line: “HP 2016 Ghouls’ Night Out Audition Submission.”