PROGRAM COORDINATOR REQUIRED
Deadline to Apply: September 21, 2016.
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that proudly represents ~1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-‐circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, publications, and advocacy
We require a highly motivated and creative Program Coordinator who will be responsible for leading the organization’s educational and artistic programs and services including, but not limited to:
- development and management of artistic and educational programs and projects including Workshops by Request, Artstrek, Emerge, and Picks of the Edmonton Fringe
- program administration including artist and staff contracting, communication with participants and instructors, venue facilitation, fundraising support, promotion/marketing/advertising support, evaluation, etc.
- contribution of written material to our monthly electronic newsletter, Theatre Buzz, and other publications
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be knowledgeable and passionate about theatre and education, with a post-‐ secondary degree or diploma in theatre/drama or equivalent experience. Applicants should enjoy working with people, be self-‐motivated, and highly curious. Varied knowledge of the provincial theatre community with experience in professional, community, and educational theatre will be considered an asset. Exceptional written and oral communication skills and excellent organizational and time-‐management skills are required.
This is a full-‐time position with benefits located in Edmonton. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. Our office environment is pleasant and supportive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence early-‐ to mid-‐October 2016. Salary range $33,000 – $36,000.
By September 21, 2016, please forward your resume with a letter highlighting your interest and qualifications to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.