“Once Upon A Christmas” seeking Lighting & Sound Operator for Opera House radio play.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has little to no technical experience that is willing to learn. * Will train! *
The show will be double cast. We will have a Saturday cast and a Sunday cast. We are willing to do this with our tech persons as well. If you wish to be considered to tech both Saturday and Sunday shows, please include that in your submission.
Christmas On The Airwaves (A Farcical Thriller)
Written By: Garry Buzzard & Trevor Matheson
Play Run Time: 30 minutes
After radio icon Max Hertz’s death just before Christmas of 1924, his family needs to decide what to do with his radio station. Should they perform the scheduled A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve with hopes for a renewed sponsorship from their advertisers? Or, will they sell it to Ms. Phyllis Winterbottom, only to watch her tear it down? This 30min comedy will make you fear, tear, wince and wail, revealing behind the scenes mayhem of what makes Christmas radio magic.
TECH REQUIRED REHEARSALS:
- The tech will not be required to attend all of the rehearsals. Tech training dates will be subject to the candidate’s availability. Depending on the chosen candidate’s skill level, the tech will be required to attend rehearsals starting Nov 1 (schedule to be determined).
- Rehearsals will be held at Heritage Park.
- Persons submitting must be available for all of the tech, dress and preview dates below. No exception.
- Sunday, Nov 13 (1pm-5pm) = Cue to Cue
- Wednesday, Nov 16 (6:30pm-9:30pm) = Tech Rehearsal
- Thursday, Nov 17 (6:30pm-9:30pm) = Dress Rehearsal
- Friday, Nov 18 (6:30pm-9:30pm = Preview for Saturday Cast)
- Saturday, Nov 19 (6:30pm-9:30pm = Preview for Sunday Cast)
- There will be 4 performances a day in the Opera House at Heritage Park on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Call time will be 10am.
- Shows will be at 11am, 12pm, 1pm & 2pm.
- Techs will be released after shutting down the tech from their last performance of the day (around 2:45pm).
- The show will be double cast. We will have a Saturday cast and a Sunday cast. We are willing to do this with our tech persons as well. If you wish to be considered to tech both Saturday and Sunday shows, please include that in your submission.
- November 19/20
- November 26/27
- December 3/4
- December 10/11
- December 17/18
- Persons submitting must be available for either all the Saturday performance dates or all the Sunday performance dates or both. No exception.
- Sunday, Sept 25, 2016 @ 6pm-10pm
- Monday, Sept 26, 2016 @ 4pm-10pm
- Please clearly indicate with your submission your availability for the interview dates.
- Interviews will be held at Heritage Park.
PERSONS IN ATTENDANCE: Artistic Liaison – Trevor Matheson, Director/Technical Director – Melissa Dorsey, Assistant Director – Garry Buzzard
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Friday, Sept 23, 2016 @ 5pm
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Interested techs please send the following via e-mail to Trevor Matheson at [email protected].
- Headshot or picture of yourself,
- Any availability conflicts for the interview times, rehearsal or performance dates,
- Subject line “HP 2016 Christmas Tech Submission,”
Only those selected will be contacted with an interview time. Heritage Park is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Christmas On The Airwaves is a volunteer tech contract. Equity members will not be seen at these auditions.
Photograph courtesy of Brad Hunter.