Scenery fabrication shop in Calgary seeking full-time experienced professional
EMPLOYER PROFILE: Production Canada is a theatrical and live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for theatre companies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate, etc. Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun, and respect shared with both staff and clients. Our facility is in Calgary, AB in the Foothills Industrial Park.
- Professional experience in the theatre or corporate event industry in a management position.
- Extensive knowledge of scenery construction methods.
- Ability to read and generate construction drawings.
- Affable personality and confidence in establishing rapport.
- Capacity to integrate with carpentry staff and confidently manage clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Vectorworks Creative and integrated portfolio of experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing scenic project builds from conception to install.
- Costing and development of drawings and projects.
- Drafting for client and carpenter use.
- Leading and directing installs with local crew.
- Loading and driving trucks (standard 24’).
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff.
HOURS AND SALARY:
- Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate as much as possible the needs of staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
- Remuneration based on skills and experience per hour based on a 40hr work week. Comprehensive benefits package available. This is a permanent full time position beginning immediately.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Please send your resume AND a cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Deadline to submit: September 9, 2016.