Scenery fabrication shop in Calgary seeking full-time experienced Asst. PM
EMPLOYER PROFILE: Production Canada is a theatrical and live event scenery fabrication shop and Production/Event Management company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country including theatre companies and corporate clients. We also offer complete turn-key production and technical event management services. Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in thetheatre and/or special event industry.
- Experience working hands on in a variety of departments including video, audio, staging, and lighting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Friendly and personable a must.
- Drafting experience and knowledge of CAD mandatory. Vectorworks preferred.
- Experience with scenic design and carpentry an asset.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to the Production Manager.
- Assist with corporate events from early design to complete execution.
- Drafting of floor plans, event drawings, and some 3D Rendering.
- Coordinating with suppliers/vendors in advance of events.
- Assist with developing load in and production schedules.
- Assist with maintaining production budgets and collecting supplier quotes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
HOURS AND SALARY:
- Show prep and advance work will take place during normal business hours. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
- This is a permanent full time position beginning immediately.
- Remuneration will be based on skills and experience.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to submit: September 9, 2016.