Featuring Faculty research: New play readings, workshops, staged performances, lectures, etc.
StageLab is the University of Alberta Drama Department’s biennial summer arts festival which features faculty research. StageLab emphasizes innovation in theatre, and encourages collaboration between department faculty members and other artists.
“The Drama Department at the University of Alberta is privileged to have some of the most talented practicing theatre artists in the country on its faculty,” states Kathleen Weiss, Chair of the Department. “StageLab showcases the creative activity of our faculty in a professional setting and creates a unique context to share innovative ideas about theatre.”
StageLab events include showcase readings of new plays, workshops and fully-staged performances, as well as lectures, demonstrations and conversations about theatre and its practice and meaning.
To reserve your FREE ticket call (780) 492-2495 or email email@example.com or visit the Timms Box Office from 11am-2pm, Monday to Friday and 1 hour prior to performances.
Dates: August 25 – 28, 2016. All shows take place at the Timms Centre for the Arts.
- The Summation of Parts – Created by Matthew Skopyk & Jeff Osterlin.
- Hermenegild: A Jesuit Tragedy – Written by Sforza Pallavicino S.J, Dramaturgy/Translation by Stefano Muneroni.
- Trajet Dit – Written/Translated and Directed by Donia Mounsef.
- The Well of the Beautiful Dances – created by Nadien Chu and Kathleen Weiss, directed by Kathleen Weiss.
- White Bread – written/performed by Mia van Leeuwen, Dramaturgy and Direction by Piet Defraeye.
- Versing – Concept: Lin Snelling Created in collaboration with Michael Reinhart, Yan Lee Chan, David Ryshpan, Jérémi Roy.