Accepting Applications until Position is Filled
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time Marketing and Communications Professional.
The Marketing and Communications specialist will support Citadel productions and Academy programs, interacting with a large cross section of creative and production teams, artists, faculty, students, donors, sponsors and community stakeholders. With a focus on publicity, they will discover and tell the many fascinating stories within our realm with a view to maximizing attendance at our performances, engaging the community in an abundance of Citadel presentations and events, and elevating the profile of the Citadel locally and nationally.
The successful candidate will:
- Have outstanding command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Draft all communications intended for both media and the public and be skilled at finding the right words to make marketing copy sing.
- Have the ability to present information in a digital environment both as written content and as visual media.
- Be capable of taking a leadership role on projects as required.
- Be knowledgeable about theatre and/or other performing arts and have an understanding of the internal operations and culture of an arts institution.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience working professionally in the Marketing and Communications field.
We offer a stimulating, developmental work environment, a competitive salary by cultural industry standards, as well as a good benefits plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected].
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.