Call for Applications: Sales and Booking Coordinator
THE ORGANIZATION Concrete Theatre is an Edmonton based professional theatre company uses theatre to promote cultural diversity and to examine social issues for young audiences. We are passionate about bringing educational and entertaining theatre to students aged 3-18 and their families. Our productions include works we have commissioned and developed ourselves, as well as plays developed by sister Canadian Theatre for Young Audiences companies.
THE POSITION The Sales & Booking Coordinator plays a key role in the sales, marketing and promotion of our productions to Edmonton-area elementary, junior and senior high schools, as well as schools across the province and indeed across the country. This front-line position fosters and expands relationships with school principals, teachers and administrators, providing excellent service and ensuring our audiences have an exceptional experience. This position also provides general administrative support to the Theatre management team.
SALES AND MARKETING
- Contacting existing clients by phone and email; identifying and targeting potential and lapsed clients.
- Make all sales and booking arrangements for touring productions including: sales solicitation, contracts/confirmations and invoices.
- In conjunction with Theatre management team, prepare marketing, publicity and promotion (including print, social media and digital) materials & plans for distribution.
- Manage the company’s Facebook page, post on behalf of the company
- Publish the Theatre’s quarterly newsletter using MailChimp
BOOKING & TOUR CO-ORDINATION
- Prepare cost and time efficient tour schedules that are in accordance with the terms of Canadian Theatre Agreement, Theatre policies and related contractors/artists timetables.
- Ensure school staff is aware of production requirements (space, power, accessibility for load in/out etc) to ensure smooth, efficient and exceptional performances.
- Maintain tour files, master listings, website notices, payments and deposits, show reports, show statistics and client evaluations.
- Follow-up (by phone or electronically) with clients to obtain evaluations, feedback and comments on each production.
- Send the webmaster weekly updates of the touring calendar for all productions
- General office assistance including reception, answer telephones, incoming & outgoing mail, monitor and order office supplies, working knowledge of photocopier,
- Provide assistance to Artistic team(s) and General Manager for special events, meetings, fundraisers, volunteers and trade shows, as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS and SALARY Maximum of 30 hours per week (930am-4pm) for 40 weeks, in conjunction with Edmonton school year (September to June and applicable vacation schedules). A full health and medical benefit package is also offered. Wage commences at $16.00 per hour plus 4% Holiday Pay and applicable payroll benefits and deductions.
- Proven ability in sales, marketing or promotions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, highly self-motivated.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive, friendly manner and approach to client service.
- Computer literacy including ease with Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.), internet, social media and graphic applications.
- Experience in theatre and/or education setting is desirable.
- An understanding of the cultural not-for-profit sector is an asset.
- Valid driver license and car would be an asset as some in-town travel may be required. However, Concrete Theatre’s office is easily accessible by transit.
How to apply- Apply by email to Mary-Ellen Perley, General Manager [email protected] Please use the subject line “Application: SALES & BOOKING COORDINATOR” and include your resume as a MS Word or PDF attachment.
Application deadline: August 29, 2016 or until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.
For more information visit www.concretetheatre.ca