A week-long workshop with Isadora creators Dawn Stoppiello and Mark Coniglio
Workshop: November 14 – November 18, 2016
Registration Deadline: October 12, 2016
Overview: Isadora is an award-winning interactive media presentation tool created for artists, by artists and is used by, designers, performers, visual artists, and VJs throughout the industry. This workshop provides an intensive laboratory for artists who wish to explore the creation of media intensive performances for the stage. Dawn Stoppiello and Mark Coniglio (creator of Isadora software) will guide participants through a series of compositional problems focused on a single question: How does one bring performers, visual and sonic media together to create a compelling and truly unified work?
Topics to be covered include:
- Applying notions of film grammar to on-stage imagery.
- Effectively integrating live performers and video imagery on stage.U
- Using live video/audio feeds to amplify or re-contextualize the performer and themes.
- The use of reactive/interactive systems as an intensifier of liveness.
- Considering alternative projection surfaces and/or materials.
- A three month license to Isadora software which is the primary software tool used in the workshop for real-time media manipulation.
All participants should watch the Isadora tutorials prior to their first session.
Who should apply? The workshop is open to those who focus on live performances, including choreographers, composers, theater directors, scenographers, designers, and technicians working in this capacity.
For more information, please click here.