Showcase your work in Vertigo Theatre’s two-story lobby in Palliser Square!
Vertigo Theatre’s Emerging Artist Showcase is seeking artists to highlight during our 2016-17 theatre season. The winner of this search will have the opportunity to showcase their artwork in Vertigo Theatre’s beautiful two-story lobby. Our 40,000 square foot facility is located in Palliser Square in the heart of downtown Calgary. Annually 55,000 patrons are welcomed into our venue. Vertigo Theatre is a family friendly atmosphere and submissions will need to be suitable for patrons of all ages.
The Vertigo Gallery Space will require:
- 10-15 small-medium sized works of art or 8-10 larger scale works to fill the space.
- Show duration will be approximately 4-6 months.
- Opening reception date will be determined with the Art Gallery Coordinator and artist.
To apply, please email:
- A brief artist bio.
- Website link or images with combined file size 2 MB or less.
Artist will be responsible for:
- Hanging and striking artwork.
Vertigo Theatre does not take a commission from artists showing their work and all sales of artwork will be the responsibility of the artist. The artist will be responsible for transportation of artwork and delivery if sold during the time it is on display in Vertigo Theatre.
Closing for submissions: Aug 19, 2016.
For more information, please contact: Odessa Mendonca, Development and Donor Relations Assistant and Art Gallery Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ARTWORK.