Tahkwahkun Achimowin ~ Autumn Storytelling Gathering
Presented by The Crossing Theatre Company: August 25 to 29, 2016 at Gabriel’s Crossing, SK.
Deadline to Register: July 31, 2016.
This is a four-day educational and professional development experience and each participant should be prepared for a unique hands-on cultural experience in mentorship with respected Knowledge Keepers and storytellers.
Who Should Participate?
- community members,
- students – 18 years+,
- visual artists,
- singers, and
- emerging &/or professional theatre practitioners.
Activities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Berry picking, drying & pounding,
- Bannock Making,
- Medicine Walks,
- Cultural Activities – beadwork, painting, jigging and singing,
- Campfire/Storytelling – with special guests,
- Optional cultural ceremonies will be available.
Participants are expected to take part in all components based on a rotational daily schedule.
- Registration Fee: $400.00 per person.
- A $150.00 non-refundable deposit is required upon registration with the balance to be paid in full by Friday, August 19.
- Financial assistance may be available for students upon request.
- Registration deadline is Monday, July 31, 2016.
For more detailed information, or to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camping on site, meals and snacks will be provided.
Participants are expected to stay for the duration of the gathering.
Participants should bring their musical instruments and traditional drums and rattles.
Gabriel’s Crossing is a drug and alcohol-free environment. We trust all guests will respect this gathering place!
For more information, click here for the Facebook Event.