Edmonton Musical Theatre is pleased to offer an exciting program as part of our 2016/17 season. The EMT Youth Show Group is geared towards young teens ages 12-16 who are committed to furthering his or her training in all three disciplines of Musical Theatre.
* *Students who are outside of the given age range are welcome to apply. It is up to the director’s discretion as to whether or not you will be asked to audition.* *
This program will be a performance focused and tuition based structure. Participation in the program will be upon selection by the audition panel. Applicants will be contacted via e-mail following the auditions. As this is an advanced level program, acceptance is not guaranteed and will be based on the student’s audition. The audition panel will be looking for applicants who possess above average skills in one or more in the disciplines of dance, vocals and acting, with vocals being one of the strongest criteria for participating in the program.
The program runs from September 11 – December 11 and January 8 – May 28. However, this program will be planned for the full year from September 2016 to September 2017 as performances may be scheduled over the summer months.
Auditions are scheduled as follows:
- Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- Location: Woodcroft Community Hall (13915 115 Ave)
- Sign in / Welcome: 6:00pm
- Group Dance Audition: 6:15-6:45pm
- Individual Monologue & Vocal Selection: 7:00-8:30pm
What to have prepared:
- Please be dressed in comfortable clothes for the dance portion, this includes appropriate shoes.
- Vocal selection must be a musical theatre song.
- An accompanist will be provided, please bring 2 copies of your sheet music in a binder.
- No karaoke tracks or a capella auditions will be accepted.
- A 1-2 minute monologue.
* * Please note – all aspects of the student’s audition MUST be memorized. * *
- Weekly rehearsals at Woodcroft Hall. Sunday evenings 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Master Classes in one of the three disciplines, with highly regarded theatre professionals will be scheduled within regular rehearsal times.
The public performance revue show will be This Land – Our Music, a celebration of Canadian artists and music to mark Canada’s 150th birthday. This production is sponsored by a 150th Canada grant from the Edmonton Community Foundation. Due to this special, commemorative performance you may expect to be involved in performances throughout July and possibly the Fringe Festival in August 2017. The students will also get to explore the music of a well-known musical theatre composer during the second semester. Each child accepted into the program is expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism.
Most importantly the willingness to be creative and have fun!
- $750/Full year – New Student.
- $600 – any EMT Student Alumni.
- $200 – Currently enrolled in another EMT program within the 2016/17 season.
- Payments plans available upon request.
To book your audition, please email Carly at email@example.com.