Auditioning for December production of “Seminar” by Theresa Rebeck
VENUE CHANGE: The Saturday, July 23 auditions are no longer at BriarPatch Preschool, they will be held at Strathcona County Hall, Meeting Room 1, 2001 Sherwood Dr., Sherwood Park, AB. Underground parking is free for two hours. Meeting Room 1 is around the corner from the Strathcona County Library.
Ginger & Rosemary Theatre is an independent Edmonton and Sherwood Park theatre collective looking to cast roles for our December 2016 production of Seminar, by Theresa Rebeck.
Synopsis: Seminar is a dark comedy about four fledgling writers who take a ten-week seminar series with a famous veteran of the literary world. The course may change their lives, or ruin them, as the students suffer under their mentor’s abrasive approach and tempers and romance flare.
We are holding auditions for the following roles:
- IZZY: Female, mid 20s to early 30s, Asian, confident and ambitious, uses the sexual politics in the group to her advantage.
- KATE: Female, mid 20s to early 30s, privileged “old New York,” constantly trying to prove herself as a serious writer.
- DOUGLAS: Male, mid 20s to early 30s, nephew of a famous playwright, a talented writer but pretentious and preoccupied with “name dropping.”
- MARTIN: Male, mid 20s to early 30s, struggling financially, uses abrasive wit to hide his insecurities
Audition Dates and Times:
- Saturday, July 23, 1:00 – 4:00 pm, BriarPatch Preschool (50 Brentwood Blvd, Sherwood Park, AB).
- Sunday, July 24, 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Upper Hall (10037 84 Ave, Edmonton, AB).
Audition Format: Actors will be asked to read from sides, which will be provided in advance of the audition. Prepared pieces are not required. Please bring a resume and headshot to the audition. To book an audition, contact Giorgia at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also accommodate drop-ins. If you are interested in auditioning but unable to make these dates, please let us know and we will try to arrange an alternate time.
Show Dates: December 14 – 18, 2016 at PCL Studio Theatre at ATB Financial Arts Barn. December 13 will be a preview performance.
Tech Rehearsals: December 11 – 12, 2016.
Rehearsals: September – December 2016. There will be at least three rehearsals a week taking place in evenings and weekends.
Compensation: A small honourarium will be provided.