Team Member needed for Award-winning TYA Theatre!
Quest Theatre creates smart, whimsical and visually stunning theatre that engages young people and their families. With a 31 year history of producing award winning work, we deliver exceptional adventures in Theatre.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Quest Theatre is one of the leading Theatre for Young Audience companies in Canada. Our key programs include; National, International and Regional Professional Theatrical Production, Artists in School Residencies and our Annual Summer Camp. Quest owes its ongoing success since inception in 1985 to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team. We are currently searching for a Digital Interaction Designer to work at our office in SE Calgary. Work closely with our creative team to maximize our database and CRM. Manage and update our WordPress Site and provide IT support in a Mac Based environment. Compile analytics and prepare reports to management. Propose effective strategies for management of digital content and communication.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Ability to exercise initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Access information: locate, select and retrieve digital information.
- Apply information: use information of various digital formats effectively and efficiently.
- Communicative information: share digital information with others.
- Input information: identify, recognize, record and store digital information to facilitate retrieval and use.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with Theatre Manager, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or Excel is an asset.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of placement.
- A post-secondary graduate and can provide proof (2yrs minimum).
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits (this does not apply if you are participating in the Employment).
- In need of assistance in order to overcome employment barriers.
- Criminal Reference Check (CRC) is necessary.
- A passion for the performing arts is encouraged!
- Drivers Licence.
Other Duties Include:
- Direct intern activities when applicable.
- Quest is small team. Supporting each other is essential. From time to time it may be necessary to perform tasks outside of your job description.
Wage Subsidy Information:
- Estimated Number of Weeks: 16.
- Hours per Week: 30.
- Hourly Rate Paid to Intern: $18.00.
- Estimated Start Date: September 6, 2016.
- Estimated End Date: December 18, 2016.
Application Process: Submit a letter of interest and resume by email to email@example.com. Please note Digital Interaction Designer Intern the subject line.
Quest Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.