Submit now for “Oil Men” – A short film shooting in Fort Saskatchewan & Edmonton
Title: “Oil Men”
Category: Union Audition
Production Company: Oleander Films
Producer & Casting: Julie Nolke
Director: Samuel Larson Shooting
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Edmonton
- Auditions: Submit by Self Tape by July 22, 2016 (email for sides).
- Call backs: July 26, 2016.
- Shooting Starts: August 25, 2016.
- Shooting Finishes: August 27, 2016.
Storyline: Based on a true story, Oil Men takes place after the wildfires in Fort McMurray. It is the story of a young chemist researching tar sands extraction named Leanne Romanko. Her mother, an incredible symbol of strength and independence, is a former trucker whose rare form of leukemia is taking her life; a disease caused by her prolonged proximity to the toxic petroleum products and chemicals she once hauled. With her young children in mind, and after one of the largest natural disasters this land has ever seen, Leanne is compelled to contrast the economic prosperity of her livelihood to the environmental degradation of her work. How much can we take before the land takes back?
Comments: This production is an AIP ACTRA production.
Submission Instructions: Please submit a self tape as the initial audition. Call backs will be in person.
- (Principal) GERALDINE ROMANKO | Gender: F | Age: 40-60. Geraldine is a woman who spent much of her life in the trucking business, hauling rig for the oil and gas companies. The film takes place during two time periods. In the late eighties, she raised her daughter while working as a truck driver. Later in life, during her last days, she becomes sick with Leukemia, a disease brought on by her exposure to the chemicals she once hauled.
- (Principal) YOUNG LEANNE ROMANKO | Gender: F | Age: 10-16. When Leanne is young, she witnesses her mother’s work ethic, as well as the difficult things she had to do to provide for her daughter.
- (Background) MECHANIC #1 | Gender: M | Age: 30-60. Mechanic one works on an 18 wheel truck in the background.
- (Background) MECHANIC #2 | Gender: M | Age: 35 and up. Mechanic two work on 18 wheel truck in the background.
Deadline to submit: July 22, 2016.