Outreach Coordinator needed for Marketing, Publicity, and Communications
The successful, dynamic candidate works well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills. She/he will also have experience in marketing and arts organization development, and is willing to work flexible hours.
Responsible for marketing, publicity and communications for Quest Theatre, including the implementation and evaluation of programs designed to meet or exceed the company’s development goals. Reporting to and supervised by the Managing Director, the primary responsibility is supporting the ongoing promotion and publicity of all Quest programs, including: Touring productions, special events, Summer Camp and Artist in School residencies, fundraising activities; media, sponsor and community relations.
Outreach Coordinator Duties Include:
Fundraising: With the managing director, develop support through individuals, companies, foundations and corporations. Provide exceptional sponsor and donor stewardship including the organization of stakeholder information and communications and preparation of proposals and reports. Manage events that raise the profile of Quest Theatre including the annual “Quest Together”.
Social Media: Implementing social media plan and maintaining all social media postings (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Marketing: Oversee the creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing and strategic plan. Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities, overseeing the company’s marketing budget, plan and implement promotional campaigns. Insure the maintenance of company brand and identity (ensure brand messages are consistent). Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications. Attend team meetings once a week. Create rich and creative written content that is optimized for Quest Theatre. Organize and participate in promotional activities such as teacher’s conventions, industry or community events.
Public Relations and Publicity: Nurture public relations in order to grow awareness and positive image for Quest and its programs. Deepen relationships with all media to ensure effective messaging and positioning of the organization. Attend events, media interviews, etc to interact directly or indirectly with various publics. Develop and distribute internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, video, and special projects. Oversee and insure the appropriate archiving of all marketing materials, press clippings, video clips, radio tapes and photo library.
Other Duties Include: Direct intern activities when applicable. Quest is small team. Supporting each other is essential. From time to time it may be necessary to perform tasks outside of your job description.
Application Process: Submit a letter of interest and resume by email to Cimmeron Meyer at [email protected]. Please note Outreach Coordinator in the subject line.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a dedicated marketing and/or communications role is an asset.
- Experience interpreting Google Analytics and using insights and outcomes.
- Willingness to act with creativity, take risks and apply sound judgment.
- Exceptional ability to develop a vision and work collaboratively to achieve it.
- Strong ability to build constituency and strong relationships.
- Ability to drive ambitious timelines, establish deadlines, and meet them.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A sharp eye for detail, including copy editing and art direction.
- Strong content creation skills with an emphasis on social media marketing.
- Familiarity with fund development, philanthropy and sponsorship sales an asset.
- Experience in non-profits, academic environments and/or cultural sector an asset.
- Computer skills, data management, word processing and desktop publishing experience in a MAC environment is required.
- Familiarity with Theatre Manager, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or Excel is an asset.
- A working knowledge of theatre practice or passion for the performing arts is encouraged.
Company Overview: Quest Theatre’s vision is to nurture young people through exceptional adventures in theatre, globally. Our mandate is to serve as a catalyst for creative communication, co-operation, and change. Quest Theatre develops and produces theatrical experiences that are relevant and important to young people. The Quest experience enhances one’s sense of self, engages individuals with issues in their communities, and fosters ongoing connections to the performing arts.
Quest Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.