Join our dynamic team of arts professionals and contribute to the vitality of Calgary’s arts and culture sector.
Date Posted: June 30, 2016.
Application Deadline: August 8, 2016.
Start Date: August 29, 2016.
Salary Range: $37,000 – $40,000.
Term: Full-Time Permanent.
One Yellow Rabbit (OYR) creates, produces, presents, inspires, challenges and entertains like no other. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director (MCD) the Marketing and Communications Associate is a collaborative member of the OYR Team, providing marketing, communications and event management support for all operations and activities, programs and projects including One Yellow Rabbit ensemble productions, the High Performance Rodeo (HPR), and Summer Lab Intensive.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Director with the development and creation of marketing collateral and advertising.
- Work with the MCD and Patron Services Manager to establish sales promotions, outreach activities, and group sales possibilities.
- Work with the MCD and Resource Development to foster positive relationships with media, vendors, and promotional partners and ensure all sponsorship profile requirements are met.
- Assist the MCD and other staff with the organization of receptions, artist hospitality, and partner events.
- Lead the creation and distribution of the company electronic newsletter.
- Lead the collection and compilation of information for the HPR festival guide, and OYR show programs.
- Assist the MCD in the creation and maintenance of content for both company websites and any third-party partner websites.
- Assist the Publicist with the creation and distribution of press releases and media packages.
- Assist the MCD and Social Media Manager with social media content creation and management.
- Database management including updates, contact lists and event invitations.
- Additional functions as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience:
- A passion for theatre or performing arts. An understanding of the non-profit performing arts and culture sector in Canada is an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with MacOS based applications including MS Office, MS Excel, and data base systems.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite or similar desktop publishing tools would be an asset. • Knowledge of Social Media platforms and tools.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative, proactive, highly organized, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
- Approachable, professional and collaborative working style, demonstrating high levels of trust and integrity.
- A willingness to work a flexible work schedule, with evenings and weekends as required.
Please submit cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm on August 8, 2016 in a single pdf. attachment by email to:
Marketing and Communications Director
Subject line: Marketing and Communications Associate.
Remuneration includes competitive salary, group benefits, professional development and flex-Fridays throughout the year. One Yellow Rabbit Performance Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its workforce.
We thank all candidates for their interest in One Yellow Rabbit.
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
About One Yellow Rabbit Theatre Association: Since 1982, One Yellow Rabbit (OYR) has been pushing artistic boundaries in the creation of original, innovative theatre and has become one of Canada’s best-known theatre companies. A resident company at Arts Commons and working out of the Big Secret Theatre, the award-winning One Yellow Rabbit Performing Ensemble creates original plays that are noted for their intricate physicality and originality.
OYR also produces the High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts – an annual event that animates the city in the cold of January with a sizzling array of live performances from around the world featuring theatre, music, comedy, dance, film, visual art and more. The High Performance Rodeo is a dazzling showcase of the best in contemporary performance.
OYR is a not-for-profit charitable organization with a vision to enrich society through stimulating, provocative and life-affirming performing arts. We create and present vital, surprising performance experiences that engage and reward our community.