Seeking Audition Submissions for “The Underneath” by Kelleen Conway Blanchard, Directed by Alice Nelson.
Theatre BSMT seeks audition submissions for the first show of the 2016/17 season – The Underneath.
- Friday July 8 from 6-9PM
- Sautrday July 9 from 11AM-2PM
- Mamdani Opera Centre 1315 7 Street SW, Calgary
Deadline to submit: July 7, 2016.
Something monstrous is bubbling up at the new waterpark. Something icky is making Tina, misunderstood girl genius, uneasy—her little sister Winnie has a piece of tentacle in a jar that hisses, her mom Denise is taking too many pills, and the local Sheriff can’t bake enough crumb cakes to make himself feel better about the body parts washing up on the shore. And just what does the fry cook at Salty’s Sea Palace have in his pants? Welcome to the world of The Underneath.
Roles (some roles may be double cast):
- Caleb Blackwater – Former Sea Captain, current fry cook and owner of Salty’s Sea Shack.
- Tina Smelter– A 15 year old robotics enthusiast and angry young genius.
- Winnie Smelter– A dreamy ten-year- old girl. Her disappearance and subsequent reappearance as a murderous sea -ghoul drives the town’s descent into horror and madness.
- Denise Smelter– Mother to Tina and Winnie. She works at Salty’s Sea Palace.
- Kimberly (Kimmi) Timms– The Dolphin dance choreographer and marine life trainer. Building the waterpark. Married to the Sherriff. Awful. She really likes her brother and she really likes fish.
- Kevin (Kev) Timms– Water park entrepreneur. Kimberly’s twin brother. Awful.
- Rick Fantaub– The Sherriff. Real nice. Bakes stuff.
**Rehearsals will begin late August 2016 with performances beginning early October (exact dates TBA).**
If interested, please send a headshot/resume by July 7 to Artistic Producer Ryan Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org for an audition time.