Intern Producer Wanted for 2016/2017 Season!
POSITION: Intern Producer (2016-2017 Season)
REPORTING TO: Managing Producer
DATES: October 10, 2016 to April 8, 2017
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/week)
PAY: $625 per week, under an employee contract.
This internship is intended for an individual who is passionately committed to developing a career as a Producer, Executive Director, or General Manager in the theatre sector. This internship is made possible through a grant from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts.
The following are prerequisites for this internship:
- Understanding of, and first hand experience with, the processes involved in producing professional theatre and running a theatre company.
- An orientation toward and demonstrated interest in the national theatre ecology.
- An interest in the challenges inherent to producing original work and to touring. Mid level competence with Excel and Word programs.
- Excellent conceptual understanding of budgeting and financial management and some experience with both.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to independently create and manage personal work plans for multiple deadline driven projects and tasks.
- Ability to integrate and coordinate multiple streams of information for programs in simultaneous but varying stages of development.
- Readiness to engage positively in a high-pressure environment.
- Commitment to high standard of detail and a meticulous approach.
The Intern Producer will work closely with the Managing Producer in the implementation of the 2016-2017 season and planning the 2017-2018 season.
Assignments will include aspects of the following:
- Logistical planning and coordination for tours.
- Project development and management.
- Operating and project grants and project fund development initiatives.
- Industry networking.
- Financial Management and budgeting.
- Audience Outreach Initiatives.
Application will be accepted until the end of day Monday, July 3, 2016.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Jonathan Christenson since 1997 and with the ongoing collaboration of Resident Designer Bretta Gerecke, Catalyst Theatre creates bold, distinctive and highly theatrical productions – ‘Made-In-Edmonton’ work that is presented across Canada and around the world. Past productions include: Elephant Wake, Songs for Sinners, The Abundance Trilogy, The House of Pootsie Plunket, The Blue Orphan, Frankenstein, Nevermore, Hunchback, The Soul Collector and Vigilante. In the past few years Catalyst productions have been presented by London’s Barbican Theatre and the London International Festival of Theatre, The New Victory Theater and New World Stages (New York), Canadian Stage and the Luminato Festival (Toronto), Theatre Calgary, Vertigo Theatre, the High Performance Rodeo (Calgary), the PuSH Festival, the Arts Club Theatre and The Cultch (Vancouver), Magnetic North Theatre Festival (Ottawa), The Citadel Theatre (Edmonton), Persephone Theatre (Saskatoon), Keyano Theatre (Fort McMurray), and the Yukon Arts Centre (Whitehorse). Catalyst Theatre’s 2016-2017 season is built around the creation and premiere of a brand new work, Fortune Falls, and touring of its 2015 new production Vigilante.
Catalyst Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages submissions from all qualified applicants regardless of race, orientation and personal beliefs.
Catalyst Theatre at The Citadel, 9828 101A St., Edmonton, AB T5J 3C6 | P. 780.431.1750.