SCPA Accepting Applications for 3 Visiting Guest Artists in Contemporary Dance
The University of Calgary, School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA), Division of Dance, invites applications for a Visiting Guest Artist in Contemporary Dance for Winter Term 2017.
The Division of Dance is seeking a visiting guest artist who will provide students with a strong base in current contemporary dance techniques, and who will also contribute significantly to the students’ national and international perspective on contemporary dance. This position requires a fourteen week commitment from one guest artist: January 9 to April 12, 2017 or a seven week commitment each from two guest artists: January 9 to Feb 24, 2017 and February 27 to April 12, 2017.
Non-Canadian applicants may only apply for the fourteen week teaching option.
Responsibilities include teaching Contemporary dance, improvisation, and choreography to dance majors, teaching Contemporary dance to non-majors, and creating a new work or setting repertory on advanced dance majors. The candidate will also be expected to provide service to the Dance Division by mentoring and advising the students they teach.
The Successful Applicant Should Have:
- A national and/or international reputation as a Contemporary dance artist with minimum seven years professional experience in Canada and/or outside Canada.
- Minimum BFA Dance or equivalent professional training.
- Minimum three years teaching Contemporary dance at university and/or professional levels; demonstrated proficiency teaching choreography.
- An international perspective on contemporary trends in dance as developed through dance practice.
- Minimum seven years experience working as a professional dance artist outside Alberta.
- Professional experience in the following areas: Contemporary dance techniques from a release training perspective, improvisation, and choreography.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a statement of interest and teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching proficiency, and links to videos of choreographic and performance works, and provide at least two references or current letters of recommendations.
Deadline to Apply is June 30, 2016.
To see complete listing, please click here.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com.