Auditioning for April 2017 production of Morris Panych’s “Sextet”
Auditions: June 22 & 23, 2016.
Deadline to submit: June 19, 2016.
For more information, please contact Jamie Dunsdon at [email protected] or phone 403.629.1053.
Verb Theatre welcomes and encourages submissions from artists of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Rehearsal Dates: March 13 – April 6, 2017
- Performances: April 6 – 16, 2017
About the Play: This dark and steamy comedy explores the harmonies and dysfunctions of six sexually entangled musicians on an ill-fated winter tour. When a blizzard strands this sextet for an extra night, they have only their instruments, each other, and their secrets to keep them warm.
Roles Available: Most roles are ages 20ish – 40ish. CAEA Actors will be seen first at audition calls. NO MUSICAL EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- Harry: 30-something cellist; pale, thin, and gay or perhaps asexual; in love with Dirk.
- Dirk: violist; handsome, cut, a fine male specimen; in lust with Sylvia. Some nudity required.
- Sylvia: cellist; a feminist, in love with Harry.
- Mavis: violinist; pregnant; religious; in an open-marriage with Gerard.
- Gerard: violinist; has Klinefelter Syndrome; flamboyant; in an open-marriage with Mavis.
- Otto: violist; the “Everyman”; was product of artificial insemination; believes he is the father of Mavis’s baby.
To Submit: Actors are encouraged to submit a resume and headshot by email to [email protected] no later than June 19.
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.