SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2017 NEW WORKS FESTIVAL ARE NOW OPEN!
New Works is currently seeking script submissions for this year’s Festival! Have a great play you’ve been working on? We’d love to hear from you!
How it works:
- We’ll be accepting scripts that are anywhere between 20 – 40 pages.
- The deadline for submissions is July 31st, 2016.
- Submissions are open to any current University of Alberta students, or Uof A alumni who have graduated within five years of the above deadline.
- From the submissions, 4 scripts will be selected by a blind jury and produced at the 2017 New Works Festival.
- If selected, you’ll also get the opportunity to spend a few sessions with our professional playwriting mentor during the months leading up to rehearsals.
What to send us:
- Your play!
- Your resume detailing all theatre and/or writing experience.
- A one-page letter of intent detailing: the history of the script (has it been produced or workshopped, etc), what you hope to gain by being involved in New Works, and your future goals in theatre and/or writing.
How to format your script:
- Email in Word or PDF format (we’ll only be accepting electronic submissions).
- The subject line of your email should read: “NWF submission.”
- Include a title page with: the play’s title, your name, your phone number, and your email address.
- Include page numbers.
- In the header of the document, DO include the title of the play.
- In the header of the document DO NOT include your name (we don’t want the blind jury to know whose play they’re reading).
Email your submission c/o New Works Festival Artistic Director: Brenley Charkow at submissionsNWF@gmail.com.
Deadline to submit: July 31, 2016.