Accepting Applications for Seasonal Part-time Position in Front of House!
Our aim at Alberta Theatre Projects is to make life more beautiful by creating and producing great contemporary theatre from Canada and beyond. Our work is about what’s now, what’s new and what’s next. In the welcoming oval of the Martha Cohen Theatre, right here in Calgary, we stretch as deep as life, as wide as the world.
Reporting directly to the Front of House Manager, this is a seasonal part time position.
Specific responsibilities include:
- On site management of ushers, bartenders and volunteer staff.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as caterers and sponsors to confirm attendance and patron event details.
- Administration of staff timesheets and nightly cash reconciliations.
- Providing superior customer service to Alberta Theatre Projects patrons.
- On site troubleshooting, problem solving and general management.
- Preparing event memos in advance for Alberta Theatre Projects staff.
- Representing Alberta Theatre Projects on site by coordinating and organizing patron events.
- Organizing volunteers.
The successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational and time management abilities.
- An outgoing, friendly personality.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Experience or an interest in people management.
- Strategic thinking skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong self-motivational skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
- A passion for and knowledge of theatre, arts and culture.
- Strong computer skills.
- Evening/weekend availability.
- ProServe certification.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to Sophie Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects, please visit our website, www.atplive.com.