Foote in the Door Productions seeking non-equity actors for fall show!
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying
Book by Abe Burrows, Jack Weinstock, and Willie Gilbert; Music & Lyrics by Frank Loesser
Presented by Foote in the Door Productions
PERFORMANCE DATES: November 11-19, 2016.
AUDITION DATES: June 19 & 20, 2016, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Location: HI Edmonton Hostel, 10647-81 Avenue.
CALL-BACKS: Monday, June 27, 2016, 7:00-10:00 pm
DIRECTOR/CHOREOGRAPHER: ADAM KUSS MUSIC DIRECTOR: DANIEL BELLAND
STAGE MANAGER: ATHENA GORDON
Based on Shepherd Mead’s 1952 book of the same name, the musical follows young, ambitious J. Pierrepont Finch, who, with the help of the book How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, rises from window washer to chairman of the board of the World Wide Wicket Company.
- J. Pierrepont Finch (20-30) – a window washer who applies for a job at the World Wide Wicket Company.
- Bud Frump (20-40)- Biggley’s arrogant and lazy nephew.
- Hedy LaRue (20-35) – Biggley’s attractive and dim-witted mistress.
- Smitty (20-55) – Rosemary’s best friend and fellow secretary at the World Wide Wicket Company.
- Miss Jones (30-50) – Biggley’s immovable secretary who is charmed by Finch.
- Miss Krumholtz (20-35) – a secretary of Mr. Gatch, then J. Pierrepont Finch.
- Mr. Benjamin Burton Daniel Ovington (30-45) – prospective head of the advertising department.
- Mr. Wally Womper (40-65) – the Chairman of the World Wide Wicket Company.
- Book Voice – the “voice” of the book How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying which narrates the musical.
- Mr. Twimble (45-65) – Head of the mailroom for 25 years.
- Mr. Milton Gatch (30-50) – head of the Plans and Systems department.
- Executives and Secretaries (Ensemble) – All ensemble roles will play speaking characters and all actors will be in multiple songs.
We are committed to diversity in our casting and encourage submissions from all ethnic/cultural backgrounds for auditions.
Please note: The roles of J.B. Biggley and Rosemary have been filled prior to this audition process.
The auditions will comprise of the following:
- A SHORT (1-2 MINUTE) PREPARED CONTEMPORARY COMEDY MONOLOGUE of your choice.
- A SHORT MUSICAL THEATER COMEDY SONG (2 min max) in a classic musical theater style. Please bring sheet music in the correct key – an accompanist will be available.
Rehearsals will run Monday and Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons starting at the End of August. Please bring any potential conflict dates you have to the audition.
Actors must be available from November 7th, 2016 to November 19th, 2016 for all technical rehearsals and performances.
Headshots and resumes are requested to be emailed to [email protected].