2016 Internship position in Administration and Marketing and Communications
Our vision is a world where minds and hearts are opened through the life-changing experience of theatre. Our mission is to create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
With the assistance of the Canada Summer Jobs program we are seeking a motivated, energetic and team-oriented student to join us for a period of eight weeks (30 hours per week) from June 27 to August, 2016 (exact term to be negotiated with successful candidate).
The Summer Student Intern will assist with the following:
- Compile show research.
- Help in the development and preparation of in-depth study guides for shows.
- Archiving and distribution of marketing and communications collateral.
- Assisting the marketing team with development of the promotional strategy for the upcoming season.
- Help in the planning and execution of season launch event, assisting at marketing events as needed.
- Content gathering (taking photos, videos, etc.).
- Scheduling meetings and note taking at meetings.
- Receptionist break coverage.
- Records management and archiving duties.
- Other administrative and marketing duties as required.
This internship is supported through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
The candidate must also meet the following requirements:
- Was registered as a full–time student during the preceding academic year.
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP( Quebec only), vocational or technical program.
- Is between the ages of 15 and 30(inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Is legally entitled to work according to the legislation and regulations of the Province of Alberta.
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people and people with disability.
Email your resume and cover letter, no later than Friday, June 3, 2016, 5:00pm to [email protected].
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.