Summer Student Position – Subscription Coordinator & Staff Liaison
Theatre Network is seeking a dedicated and energetic student for a temporary full-time position as Subscription Coordinator. This position is for 9-weeks, from June 27 through August 26. It is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs program and as such, applicants must be 30 years of age or under and be continuing in a post-secondary institution.
About the position: The Subscription Coordinator will be a part of the summer subscription marketing team under the supervision of the Marketing Director and the General Manager. The Coordinator will also act as a liaison between Theatre Network staff, volunteers, and festival artists during Fringe 2016.
Duties of the position include:
- Assisting with the direct marketing subscription campaign, including administering various mail-outs to previous subscribers, non-subscribers, and donors and community supporters.
- Coordinate and build lists of subscribers for mail out and telemarketing by using Theatre Network’s donor database.
- Supervise and guide a team of volunteers to assist with the subscription campaign.
- Communication with subscribers and administration of subscription orders and tracking.
- Assisting with promotional and administrative duties as needed.
- Opportunities for collaboration, mentorship and learning on the administration side of a professional theatre company.
- Provide coordination between Theatre Network staff, volunteers, artists and assist around The Roxy on Gateway which will be operating as a BYOV during Fringe 2016, August 11 – 21.
The ideal candidate will have experience with customer service, marketing, and human relations, as well as knowledge of the non-profit and Arts & Culture sectors. This position requires strong writing and communication skills, organizational skills; computer skills in programs such as Microsoft word and excel as well as willingness to learn donor database programs, and the ability to work both independently and with the general public.
This is a 35 hr/week position for a 9-week period, from June 27 to August 26, 2014. Compensation is an hourly wage of $13.00/hr.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Gennieve Edwards – General Manager
8529 Gateway Blvd.
Edmonton, Alberta, T6E 6P3
Please submit applications by 12pm on June 13, 2016.
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered in confidence.
Photo by dbphotographics.ca.