Accepting 2016 Nominations for 50/50 Applause Awards until May 20, 2016!
The International Centre for Women Playwrights 50/50 Applause Awards increases awareness and applauds theatres that produced a season with an equal or greater number of plays written by female playwrights. This award will be given to theatres internationally who have met the qualifying criteria.
To be eligible for the 2016 International Centre for Women Playwrights 50/50 Applause Award a theatre must meet the following conditions:
- At least 50% of the plays produced during the year must be the work of female playwrights.
- At least 50% of the total number of performances during the season must be the work of female playwrights. (Nominated theatres will be asked to provide this information.)
- All productions between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016 will be included.
What is eligible within a season?
- Musicals with a book by a woman
- Full-length shows (70 mins or more)
- Puppet theater
- Multi-media theater
Who is NOT eligible?
- Development programs, including workshops, labs, colonies and retreats
- Theaters that only produce women’s work or have the promotion of women artists only, as part of their mission
What is NOT eligible within a season?
- Devised work
- One act festivals or shorts festivals
- Special Events
- Readings and staged readings
What is the process?
- Nominations will be open May 2-May 20, 2016 through an online nomination form.
- ANYONE can nominate a theater.
- The Awards Committee will contact all theaters for further qualifying information. Information will be due July, 2016. If a theater does not submit the additional information, they will be disqualified from consideration.
- Recipients will be announced in September 2016.
If you have further questions, please contact Kris Bauske, Elana Gartner, or Deborah Magid at email@example.com.