Artistic Director Mieko Ouchi and Artistic Associate Caroline Howarth invite actors to apply for general auditions by submitting a resume and headshot.
Successful applicants will be contacted to book an audition. Please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com or deliver it to our office (Suite 17, 6th Floor, 7 Winston Churchill Square, T5J 2V5) before Monday, May 16, 2016.
Audition Requirements for Successful Applicants:
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is Canadian. Total time: 10 minutes.
- This year we will not be hearing any songs. If you do sing, please indicate that on your resume.
- Concrete Theatre attended Emerge 2016 so if you attended, please do not apply for an audition as we will be doing specific call backs for people we are interested in seeing.
- Thursday May 19 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Friday May 20 10:00AM – 1:00 pm.
- You will be contacted by Cat our booking coordinator to book a 20 minute slot.
- Priority will be given to Equity/ACTRA members and registered Apprentices on the 1st day.
Stanley A. Milner Library Building, 7 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton
- The Bully Project by Mieko Ouchi
- Target audience: Grades 4-9. A participatory project that explores the complex reasons why bullying behavior happens and what young people and the adults who care about them can do about it. Extensive audience interaction and improv are key, which will be performed by 3 actors for 100 students at a time in two versions: one for Grades 4-6 and one for Grades 7-9. Improvisation, participatory experience a plus.
- Bello by Vern Thiessen
- Target audience: Elementary A world premiere production, touring in English and French. Little Bern struggles to fit in with his new adoptive family and his new school. When he’s rescued from a snowstorm by a woman the whole town says is a witch, he must confront the person he is most afraid of… and he discovers they are more alike than he could have ever imagined. Actors must be fluently bilingual in English and French.
Deadline to submit: May 16, 2016.
We are also seeking actors for upcoming workshops of new plays in development.
Concrete Theatre is a 26 year old professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) company whose mandate is to produce artistically excellent, challenging and culturally diverse theatre for young people and their families. Our critically acclaimed and Dora and Sterling award winning productions have included: I Am For You, The Antyssey, The Bully Project, Under Cover, Routes, The Early Bloomer, Smokescreen, Apples and Oranges, Jeremy Fisher, Nami Namersson, The Viking Who Liked To Name Things, The Shape of a Girl, Offensive Fouls, The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito, The Plum Tree, Lig & Bittle, Are We There Yet?, and Rice and Naomi’s Road. We tour productions to Elementary, Junior and Senior High schools in Edmonton and across Alberta. We occasionally do main-stage productions in Edmonton, and tour nationally. Concrete Theatre also produces Sprouts, an annual new play development festival for kids. Please visit our website in advance for additional information and history about the company.
Concrete Theatre is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and engages, under the terms of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association.