Music and Play is looking to add an experienced Dance Coordinator to lead our Dance faculty for the 2016/17 season!
Through nurturing and technical training, our students not only learn the art and movement of dance, but also the theory behind it and its history. Our goal is to train well-rounded, versatile dancers who are prepared to participate in a variety of settings and who are able to communicate and collaborate with others in the performing arts.
The successful candidate will lead and collaborate with our dance faculty to:
- Ensure continued development of a dynamic dance program.
- Schedule current classes and recommend new classes and workshops.
- Provide support (resources, communications, parent support) to ensure successful program delivery.
- Coordinate recitals with faculty, students and parents.
- Coordinate live accompaniment for classes once a month.
This is a part-time year-long contract position and may be combined with other teaching should qualifications allow.
Music and Play is a leading performing arts (music, theatre arts and dance) school in Calgary, AB serving families across the city from its studios in the west Calgary area. If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your current CV via email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Dance Coordinator Application’.
The deadline for applications is May 13, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest – please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.