Thank you for your interest. This posting is now closed.
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a temporary, full-time Summer Programs Assistant.
This is a full-time position from May through August, 2016.
The Summer Programs Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Director of Education and Outreach and the Theatre School Manager with the coordination and implementation of theatre day camps for ages six to seventeen and evening adult classes. Duties include, but are not limited to, organizing and scheduling camp times and performances, communicating with students and parents via phone and email, supervising students for lunch and activities as needed. The position also includes assisting in the Theatre School office with planning, marketing, scheduling and organizing for the fall term. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Post-secondary training in drama, arts and culture management, and/or education.
- Experience in theatre and the arts.
- Ability to teach theatre.
- Stage management experience.
- Experience with youth and teens in a recreational or arts education setting.
- Administrative experience.
- Have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year.
- Intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the fall.
- Be legally entitled to work (Foreign students are not eligible.).
Please email a resume and cover letter by April 30 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.