Employment Opportunity for Intern Producer
POSITION: Intern Producer (2016-2017 Season)
REPORTING TO: Managing Producer
DATES: October 10, 2016 to April 8, 2017.
STATUS: Full time (35 hours/week)
PAY: $625 per week, under an employee contract.
OPPORTUNITY: Catalyst Theatre is committed to supporting development opportunities and succession planning for leadership in Canada’s professional theatre community. This internship is intended for an individual who is passionately committed to developing a career as a Producer, Executive Director or General Manager in the theatre sector.
This internship is made possible through a grant from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts.
The following are prerequisites for this internship:
- A general understanding of, and experience with, the processes involved in producing professional theatre and running a theatre company.
- An orientation toward and demonstrated interest in the national theatre ecology.
- An interest in the challenges inherent to producing original work and to touring.
- Mid level competence with Excel and Word programs.
- Excellent conceptual understanding of budgeting and financial management and some experience with both. Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to independently create and manage personal work plans for multiple deadline driven projects and tasks.
- Ability to integrate and coordinate multiple streams of information for programs in simultaneous but varying stages of development.
- Readiness to engage positively in a high-pressure environment.
- Commitment to high standard of detail and a meticulous approach.
The Intern Producer will work closely with the Managing Producer in the implementation of the 2016-2017 season and planning the 2017-2018 season. Assignments will include aspects of the following:
- Logistical planning and coordination for tours.
- Project development and management.
- Operating and project grants and project fund development initiatives.
- Industry networking.
- Financial Management and budgetting.
- Audience Outreach Initiatives.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Application will be accepted until the end of day Monday, May 23. Please email a cover letter and CV, in PDF format, to Eva Cairns, Managing Producer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note: Full time availability for the duration of the contract is a requirement and is not negotiable.
Catalyst Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages submissions from all qualified applicants regardless of race, orientation and personal beliefs.
Catalyst Theatre at The Citadel
9828 101A St.
Edmonton, AB T5J 3C6