JOB POSTING: IGNITE! Festival Technical Director
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Dates: April 28- July 01, 2016
Hours: Varying throughout contract. Full time during the festival (June 20-27) and estimated average of 10-12 hours per week throughout the remainder of the contract.
Reporting to: Festival Director
Supervising: Overseeing volunteer venue staff
Position Description: The Technical Director oversees and coordinates the successful technical operations of the IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists.
- Oversee the technical operations and staff of two performance venues (Victor Mitchell at The Pumphouse and West Village Theatre).
- Communicate between IGNITE! productions/artist series and the two venues.
- Coordinate and Organize rehearsal scheduling for productions and artist series.
- Provide advice and mentorship for individual project designers.
- Attend weekly production meetings May / June 2016.
- Previous experience with live performance.
- Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised.
- Experience in motivating and supervising staff.
- Experience with theatre lighting consoles and sound equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- People skills: persuasiveness, patience, tact and the ability to deal with ‘artistic temperaments.’
- Ability to cope with long hours during the festival and an ever changing schedule.
- Technical Theatre background and education an asset About IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists.
Email a CV and Expression of interest to Charles@sagetheatre.com no late than 4:30pm Friday, April 29, 2016. Please use Technical Director as the email subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.