And More Shenanigans Theatre is looking for a Stage Manager and Technical Director for a new musical this Fringe!
About the Company: And More Shenanigans Theatre is dedicated to quirky original works. We develop shows from scratch and work with all kinds of artists. This will be our second original musical to premiere at the Edmonton International Fringe Festival.
About the Show: The Grave Digger follows a talented fine arts student who is unknowingly suffering from schizophrenia. Her best friend has recently died and she has been hearing and seeing her for about a month. This leads her to believe that she is a medium. Once her father kills someone in jail her symptoms become unbearable, destroying her relationships and greatly risking her career. The show will balance drama and comedy but will focus on real symptoms and issues surrounding schizophrenia.
Responsibilities of the Technical Director:
- Attend the first rehearsal (May 25th) and production meetings as scheduled.
- Work with the company budget to find and obtain props, costumes, set pieces, and equipment.
- Work with the company budget to rent risers, stage lights, speakers, curtains, etc.
- Transport all equipment to the performance space, or coordinate to have it delivered.
- Provide production services when needed, such as carpentry, props and painting.
- Work with the Artistic Director to realize light, prop and set design.
- Work together with the Stage Manager to plan set transitions.
- Maintain the stage and performance area.
- Participate in construction and installation of all sets, props, lights and sound.
- Lead technical rehearsals, and run lights and sound for dress rehearsal and performances.
- Check equipment prior to each show and fix technical problems when required.
- Maintain a safe work environment for the cast, crew, creative team, and audience members.
- Participate in strike and help return rentals.
- Other related tasks.
Responsibilities of the Stage Manager:
- Attend all rehearsals, keep track of time, and mark out stage dimensions.
- Cue lines and record all line changes prior to each rehearsal.
- Record all blocking, light, sound and set change cues in the prompt book.
- Coordinate and manage the work of all parties.
- Assist in scheduling rehearsals.
- Make sure everyone involved is notified of rehearsal times, meetings, and coaching sessions.
- Notify the Technical Director and other team members if changes are made in rehearsal.
- Keep track of logistical and scheduling details and communicate that to the rest of the team.
- Work with the Technical Director to plan set transitions and run technical rehearsals.
- Help maintain the stage and performance area.
- Attend every performance and assist with set up and strike.
- Manage all props, set pieces, and make sure they are available for actors.
- Call cues, help with quick changes, and entrances if needed.
- Oversee the entire show each time it is performed, and keep the directors vision.
- Other related tasks.
- Rehearsals will start on May 25, 2016 and be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights from 7:00PM-10:00PM.
- Performance dates August 11- August 21, 2016.
The Technical Director and Stage Manager will both be granted a minimum profit of $100. If the Stage Manager and Technical Director’s cut exceeds $100 they will receive their cut instead.
Contact: To inquire or book an interview please email your resume to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to respond is May 4, 2016.