Wanted: Casual / Part-time Customer Service Representatives for TIX on the Square!
TIX is a Community Box Office and Store owned and operated by the Edmonton Arts Council. The Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) is a not-for-profit society and charitable organization that supports and promotes the arts community in Edmonton. The EAC works to increase the profile and involvement of arts and culture in all aspects of our community life. The EAC, via its full range of activities, reflects the diversity of the city of Edmonton.
Position: Customer Service Representative – Casual/part time (4)
Position Summary: Reporting to the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager of TIX on the Square, our Customer Service Representative provides a memorable experience for Edmontonians looking for unique handmade gifts or tickets to our region’s performing arts. Your love of the arts will make you an integral part of the TIX team in the ongoing growth of our merchandise and tickets sales. TIX is a small but friendly workplace with full-time and casual part-time employees. Please see our website www.tixonthesquare.ca to find out more about us.
There will be increased hours during two peak seasons at TIX: June to August and November-December.. Successful candidates must be available during these months.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven customer service and organizational skills.
- Minimum of one year retail service experience including merchandising, cash and electronic sales transactions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel in MAC OS.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with a positive attitude.
- Familiarity with the Edmonton arts scene is a definite asset.
- Experience with Ticketmaster is an asset.
- Experience on social media is an asset.
- Fluency in a language other than English is an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to stand for most of their shift.
Employment Term: This position is casual and hours are provided on an as needed basis.
Hours per Week: Up to 40 hours. Must be flexible for shifts Monday-Friday 9:30am and 6:30pm, Saturdays 9:30am and 4:30pm. From June 18 through to August 28, summer hours will be MondayFriday 9:30am-6:30pm, Saturdays 9:30am-5:30pm, Sundays 11:30am to 5:30pm.
Remuneration: Salary to commensurate with experience. Tickets may be available to many of our local performances.
Please submit your resume to:
Sally Kim, Operations Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 10440-108 Ave | Edmonton, AB T5H 3Z9
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The Edmonton Arts Council thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Only those candidates under consideration for the position will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. The EAC encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.