Trunk Theatre’s Airswimming to play on Theatre Community Appreciation Night, March 21!
Celebrate the often unsung Irish contribution to the world of theatre at the 2016 Serca Festival of Irish Theatre! The Festival revels in abetting the creation of all kinds of old and new Irish Theatre, written in Ireland or not, by people from Ireland or not.
March 15 – 21, 2016 | Alberta Avenue Community Centre | 9210 – 118 Avenue | Edmonton
Thursday, March 17
7pm St. Patrick’s Day – A Ceilidh on the Ave!
- Free! (By Donation) Jeremiah McDade and Friends, a 5 piece Irish band
- A Family St Patrick’s Day party with Irish stew, Irish dance, Irish music, Irish Poetry and an Irish price!
Friday, March 18:
7pm Airswimming by Charlotte Jones
- Two young women, incarcerated for having borne illegitimate children and forgotten by their families, survive by adopting alter-egos to play out their fantasies. Sad, funny and moving, Charlotte Jones pays homage to generations of forgotten women in Britain and Ireland in this award winning play.
- Trunk Theatre, directed by Amy Defelice with Kendra Connor and Jenny McKillop
9pm The Good Thief by Conor McPherson
- A nameless Dublin lowlife, working as an gangster’s enforcer, confesses his sins after a botched job goes horribly wrong. McPherson’s riveting, funny writing spins a story of fascinating complications or near redemption.
- Blarney Productions, Directed by Wayne Paquette Featuring Frank Zotter
Saturday, March 19:
Noon Finn McCool and the Salmon of Wisdom and Other Tales by Jennifer Spencer
- Finn McCool is the legendary thumb-sucking Irish Warrior Giant who has everything but the brains he needs! Join Finn on his journey to wisdom and meet an enchanted Salmon, a wise woman, and terrible invaders from across the sea . . .
- Theatre Prospero, directed by Jennifer Spencer with Candice Fiorentino and Luc Tellier
- Followed by McCool Kids Ceilidh Party
7:30pm The Good Thief
Sunday, March 20:
1:30pm McCool Kids Ceilidh Party
1:30pm The Good Thief
Monday, March 21:
7:30pm Theatre Community Appreciation Night – Airswimming
- FREE! (But with a suggested donation of $10)
9:30pm The Good Thief
* * PAY WHAT YOU CAN at all Serca Festival Events. * *
For full Festival details, please click here.