Improv for Actors Workshops with Anyssa McKee
We are presenting TWO DAYS of improv workshops with Anyssa McKee, who has trained at Loose Moose and Upright Citizens Brigade in New York City!
SATURDAY APRIL 2nd, 2016 1:00-4:00PM IMPROV FOR ACTORS:
- Scared of Improv? Think you’re “really bad” at it? Don’t be. You’re not. Improvisation is tough and like any other skill, it needs to be practiced.
- For this workshop, registrants will learn the fundamentals of improvisation and how to apply them to acting, auditioning, or just every day life. Three hours of exercises will focus on listening, honesty,and the ability to think and act instantly. In a safe environment, registrants will be pushed to be positive, react, and gain acute awareness of their presence onstage.
- All skill levels are welcome!
SUNDAY APRIL 3rd, 2016 1:00-4:00PM INTRO TO LONG FORM:
- For this workshop registrants will learn the fundamentals of long-form improvisation as it relates to game, heightening, and knowing when to edit.
- Three hours of exercises will challenge registrants to “Yes, and” offers and push improvisers to identify what the funny or unusual element of a scene is. This class will be based on an Upright Citizen’s Brigade curriculum as it is currently taught at the New York City training center.
- *All skill levels are welcome, however long-form can be quite heady. If you’re concerned, Improv for Actors will focus more on the fundamentals of improvisation and less on improv jargon!
WHERE: Lunchbox Theatre Rehearsal Hall
4th Floor, 131 9 Avenue SW, Calgary AB T2P 1J9
COST: $50 per workshop (either day!). Tickets available online!
SPECIAL DEAL: Register for both workshops (Improv for Actors and Intro to Long Form) for $80!!
SPACE IS LIMITED!
ABOUT ANYSSA: Anyssa has performed at Loose Moose Theatre for almost five years. In that time she has studied under the direction of Dennis Cahill and Keith Johnstone while performing alongside Canada’s best improvisers. In 2015, Anyssa completed the Improv and Sketch curriculum at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in New York City. With a passion for both long and short-form improv, Anyssa teaches students of all ages the fundamentals of improvisation. When Anyssa is not improvising or teaching, she is working towards completing her degree in Creative Writing (English) at the University of Calgary. Anyssa would also like you to know she is very passionate about dogs, froot loops, and Disney’s 1993 classic “Cool Runnings”.