SHAKESPEARE SUNDAY at The Citadel Theatre,
Edmonton ALL’S WELL THAT ENDS WELL, Sunday March 13th 1-5pm
Through the Shakespeare Workshops Alberta Project, Malachite Theatre has teamed up with Edmonton’s premier theatre centre The Citadel to present Shakespeare Sunday; a monthly series of play-readings dedicated to exploring some of the bard’s less familiar work in a collaborative, fun and enlightening environment.
Led by industry experts Benjamin Blyth and Danielle LaRose; and hosted by the Citadel’s Director of Education and Outreach, Doug Mertz. This month’s Shakespeare Sunday looks at the tactical maneuvers in love and war in Shakespeare’s tragicomedy All’s Well That Ends Well.
Besotted, low-born Helena secretly pines after luke-warm Count Bertram. Desperate in her quest, she covertly follows him into war, resorting to gambling and trickery to win his love.
The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and
ill together: our virtues would be proud, if our
faults whipped them not; and our crimes would
despair, if they were not cherished by our virtues”
-Act IV scene iii
SHAKESPEARE SUNDAY GIVES YOU THE CHANCE TO:
- Explore some of Shakespeare’s less familiar works as you read through a new play each month,
- Step into your dream roles and uncover new ones,
- Discover new speeches, scenes and situations useful for audition and rehearsal,
- Improve your natural verse speaking and confidence with the help of seasoned Shakespeareans in this casual atmosphere,
- Deepen your understanding with the help of industry mentors and special guests as they guide you through each play, offering valuable insight into the plays inner workings,
- Meet new friends, connect with your local theatre community and have a good time!
SHAKESPEARE SUNDAY is open to everyone regardless of experience, and is FREE TO ATTEND! Please register your attendance with firstname.lastname@example.org in advance. Please only register if you can attend, as we need to keep an eye on numbers.
The Citadel Theatre, Board Room | Underground parking at adjacent Library or City Hall Parkades
Sunday, March 13th from 1pm-5pm
A copy of the play or the Complete Works if you have one. We will have a few extra copies to hand but will not be able to provide for everyone. We advise you bring a water bottle and a snack to share with the group.
To learn more about The Malachites and the Shakespeare Workshops Alberta project, visit www.themalachites.co.uk and click on our Canada site.
Photo: February’s Shakespeare Sunday group reading Cymbeline at The Citadel.