THEATRE CALGARY and THE CITADEL THEATRE present “Crazy for You”
Audition date: April 11, 2016
Deadline to submit: March 14, 2016
Email applications to: email@example.com
Contact name: Susan McNair Reid
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: 403-294-7440 ext 1053
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Theatre Calgary and the Citadel Theatre encourage submissions from artists of all ethno-cultural backgrounds.
Directed by Dayna Tekatch
Music Director Don Horsburgh
Rehearsal starts at The Citadel in Edmonton: February 7, 2017
Closing at The Citadel: April 2, 2017
Rehearsal starts in Calgary: April 10, 2017
Closing in Calgary: May 20, 2017
- *Irene Roth (Ab3-Bb4): a society debutante; Bobby Child’s fiancée,
- Perkins/Custus: Lottie Child’s business assistant/ a cowboy,
- *Polly Baker (Ab3-Eb5): Postmistress of Deadrock, Nevada; an “All-American girl,”
- Everett Baker (Db3-Db4): Polly’s father; owner of the Gaiety Theatre in Deadrock,
- *Eugene Fodor (D3-F4): an English tourist; husband of Patricia,
- *Patricia Fodor (Eb4-F5): an English tourist; wife of Eugene,
- Lank Hawkins: saloon proprietor in Deadrock, and
- Moose, Mingo and Sam: Cowboy Trio.
Male and Female Ensemble: Roles include showgirls, lackeys and stagehands at Zangler’s Theatre; Lottie Child’s chauffeur; board directors; bartender, card players in the saloon, passing street crowd in both New York City and Deadrock.
*Asterisk indicates the role is a principle singer. Characters not included in this breakdown have already been cast.
Email resume and headshot to email@example.com. Write “Crazy for you Calgary” in the subject line and indicate the role you are interested in the body of the email.