Creative Individual with Excellent Communications and Organizational Skills Needed!
For over 22 years Visionary College has been a leading educator in performing arts with locations in South Edmonton and St. Albert. Group and private lessons on most musical instruments are offered to students of all ages and interests. Over 60 musical productions have been presented in the past 20 years, and we are excited for further growth and development in the area of musical theatre and theatre arts. Visionary College is currently looking for a creative individual with excellent communication and organizational skills to fill the role of Director of Theatre Arts. The Director of Theatre Arts will report to the General Manager and will attend management meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage musical theatre instructors;
- Instruct musical theatre including voice and acting classes for ages 5-adults;
- Direct and produce three or more musicals each year for ages 5-adults;
- Oversee all areas of the productions, including technical, sets and costumes;
- Assist with organizing and coordinating fundraising and music festivals;
- Direct a yearly community theatre production;
- Communicate with parents and students;
- Maintain social media content;
- Prepare monthly newsletters;
- Assist in development and growth of the department;
- Provide content for marketing, such as photos of students and shows;
- Organize group sales, corporate sales and special offers to community partners;
- Maintain a master calendar of all TAD activities and events; and
- Be available to rehearse some weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: The candidate must have the ability to direct interesting productions with inexperienced cast members and a manageable budget and enjoy working with people of all ages. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required and the ability to work in a team. You must have a passion for sharing the exciting world of theatre. A post-secondary degree or diploma in music, theatre or musical theatre is required.
BENEFITS: A health benefits package is provided upon completion of the first 12 month period.
RELEVANT DATES: The position commences September 2016. The regular teaching season is September to June with additional programs in the summer months. Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, primarily Monday-Friday evenings with some rehearsals and workshops on the weekends.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
30, 580 St. Albert Trail, St. Albert T8N 6M9
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Visionary College is an equal opportunity employer. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.