Little Red Riding Hood Versus the Big Bad Wolf for Birnton Theatricals/ Stage West for Kids – Fun for All Ages!
By Chris Stockton | Directed by Neil James
Birnton Theatricals is excited to announce the auditions for their spring production. Birnton Theatricals mandate is to produce theatre and offer educational programming that introduces kids and young adults to the power and magic of live theatre and drama. Our goal is to not only foster the development of beginning artists but also to excite a young generation into becoming life long patrons of the arts.
Dates & Times: Sunday, March 13, 2015 (7-10pm) and Monday, March 14, 2016 (7-10pm)
- Please note this is all female cast so we will not be seeing any men at these auditions.
- Prepare a musical theatre or pop song.
- Bring your own accompaniment (playback available through headphone jack).
- One comic or children’s theatre monologue.
- Please email your resume and headshot when booking an audition.
- Actors must be over 18.
SHOW INFORMATION SUMMARY: Little Red Rising Hood is off to see her sick grandma in the woods. When the Big Bad Wolf finds out, she has other ideas and will stop at nothing to have things her way! Through a series of outrageous challenges, mixed directions and clever trickery, Little Red and the Big Bad Wolf clash in an epic quest to make it to Grandma’s house first! This modern twist on the classic tale will entertain audiences both young and old.
- Little Red Riding Hood – Young and vibrant. Her youthful nature is part of her charm but also gets in her way sometimes. She has a hint of attitude when she doesn’t get her way but she is by no means arrogant. She also knows Kung Fu.
- B.B. Wolf – An arrogant queen bee type girl. She is the ultimate “plastic” – she has style, looks and popularity. She is deceptive, sneaky and full of ideas that will benefit her.
- Granny – A lovely old woman who is perhaps losing it a little. She is a little deaf, a little blind and a little crazy but her intentions are good and ultimately she loves all of those close to her with all her heart.
- Mama Blue – A practical modern day woman. She is a proud single mother who has a firm hand with a loving heart. She is a lumberjack by trade but this does not reflect her femininity.
- Note: ALL performers have to be comfortable singing, being able to move (dance) and interact with children. Roles are not age specific but actors must be over 18. Non-Equity Production. Payment will be on a per show basis with an honorarium for the rehearsal period. In addition, cast and crew are given access to the Stage West buffet prior to each show.
REHEARSAL INFORMATION: Rehearsals will be part time and flexible starting right away and will take place in the Stage West rehearsal hall. Rehearsals will take place mostly in the evenings and on weekends. Please note: There will be a MANDATORY rehearsal on Monday, May 1 in the evening for tech at Stage West. Cast will be responsible for set up (prior to house opening 2.5 hours before show) and strike of each show.
SHOW SCHEDULE: May 7 – 12:15pm, May 14 – 12:15pm, May 21 – 12:15pm, May 28 – 12:15pm, Jun 4 – 12:15pm, Jun 11 – 12:15pm.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Sunday, March 13, 2016.