Seeking Student for Summer Library Assistant Position
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that proudly represents more than 1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services, including:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, advocacy, and publications
We require a highly motivated and organized Library Assistant who will be responsible for assisting our Librarians with the day-to-day operations of Canada’s largest independent and fully circulating theatre library, specifically:
- library material circulation to Theatre Alberta members, both in person and through the postal system;
- assisting members in selecting materials for reading/borrowing;
- managing overdue materials and associated fines;
- compiling monthly statistics;
- receiving and processing new acquisitions;
- compiling a list of new acquisitions through researching Albertan and Canadian theatre seasons; and
- assisting with research on library user engagement and satisfaction.
Applicants should be enthusiastic about theatre and/or special libraries, enjoy dealing with people, and able to work independently and as a team player. Excellent computer and customer service skills are required. Participation in a post-secondary Library and Information Sciences program will be considered an asset.
This is a temporary full-time position in Edmonton commencing May 2, 2016, and concluding August 26, 2016. The position is designed to supply marketable skills and professional experience for the successful candidate. Hourly wage is $15.
Only those applicants eligible for and registered with Young Canada Works will be considered. For more information, please visit www.youngcanadaworks.ca.
By March 24, 2016, please forward your resume with letter of interest highlighting qualifications to Morgan Norwich, Operations & Partnerships Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however,
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.