Workshop Theatre Presents In Love & Warcraft
Written By Madhuri Shekar
June 10 – June 18, 2016 at the Pumphouse Theatre
Directed by: John Knight
Audition Dates: Monday, March 14 & Wednesday, March 16 from 6:30-10:30pm
Call Back Dates: Monday, March 21 from 6:30-10:30pm
Workshop Theatre space: Bay 10, 415 60 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Evie Malone – gamer girl, college senior and confirmed virgin – has it all figured out. Not only does she command a top-ranked guild in Warcraft with her online boyfriend, she also makes a little cash on the side writing love letters for people who’ve screwed up their relationships. Love is like Warcraft, after all. It’s all about strategies, game plans, and not taking stupid risks. Well, that’s what she thinks… until she actually falls for a guy. In Real Life. And no amount of gaming expertise will help her out when she finds herself with a non-virtual, totally real, and incredibly cute boyfriend, who wants more from her than she’s willing to give.
- Evie: early to mid twenties. Evie is smart and creative. She is capable of great charm and is a natural born leader, as long as she doesn’t have to talk to an actual person. With people she is shy and awkward, but still possesses a quirky magnetism.
- Kitty: early to mid twenties. Kitty is a bit of a hedonist, with a love for parties and men. On the surface she might seem selfish, but deep down she possesses all the qualities of a true friend.
- Raul: early to late twenties. Raul is handsome in a classic sense. Underneath his fair looks is kind, sensitive, and loving soul.
- Ryan: early to late twenties. Ryan is the quintessential loner gamer, he is Evie’s online boyfriend and displays a bit of a possessive streak.
- Male Ensemble: early to late twenties. Good character actor responsible for multiple roles.
- Female Ensemble: early to late twenties. Good character actor responsible for multiple roles.
- Auditions will be held in pre-scheduled 10 minute time slots.
- Please contact Kayte Davies, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your headshot & resume, and to schedule a time.
- Please prepare a 1-2 minute comedic monologue.
Deadline to Apply: March 16, 2016
Workshop Theatre is Calgary’s longest running community theatre organization. This volunteer-operated organization performs four main stage productions during the year, all at Pumphouse Theatre. Workshop Theatre produces some of the best community theatre in Calgary with past and present hits from New York, London and Canadian stages, as well as new works by local playwrights using non-equity performers and backstage crews from the Calgary area. Workshop Theatre is committed to providing local theatre enthusiasts an opportunity to develop and master their performance and stagecraft skills.